[plt-scheme] bytes->path: path string contains a null character -- internal error

From: Douglas Troeger (dtroeger at ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Jun 6 21:46:43 EDT 2006

Thanks - removing the preferences file (and, of course,
restarting windows) worked.  I was unable to open this file
(or any other file) in drscheme while the problem persisted,
so I did not try editing the file.  The error message showed no
stack trace.

Now the question is: are there any reasonable conjectures on how
the preferences file could have been corrupted?

Doug