[plt-scheme] Colleges using DrScheme

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 13 06:50:09 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm sure there are many schools out there using DrScheme, mine does.
Instituto Superior Técnico from the Technical University of Lisbon
(www.ist.utl.pt) uses DrScheme for its Introductory Programming
Classes since 1999. Previously it used Pascal. In the first couple of
years we used SICP, now we are using a book written by one of our
Department Professor's, which is a simpler version of SICP in
Portuguese.

All the students get well with DrScheme. It's simple to use and that's
what one wants for these classes. We want them to focus on the
programming concepts we teach them and indirectly on Scheme.

It works nicely and DrScheme is at least for this part an excellent
tool. We don't yet, lose much time with teachpacks and other DrScheme
features which help teachers with a lot of details for homeworks,
projects, etc. but I'm sure they're useful.

My oppinion is GO for it! :-)

Cheers,
--
Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm