[plt-scheme] module hierarchy

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Sun Jul 9 17:58:31 EDT 2006

Carl,
Yes, units are fine too, but I dont think they can handle bindings in syntax
definitions as elegantly as modules do. I like the concept of separation of
the expansion time and run time in favor of correct and hygienic
compilation. Furthermore I find the use of signatures of units a little bit
cumbersome. In modules I can use selfmade syntaxes that combine define and
provide and expand to something like (begin (define var ...) (provide var))
or (begin (define var ...) (provide (rename var provided-name))) This
releaves me of the administration of the variables to be provided,
especially during devellopment, when the module is not yet complete.  I
still wonder whether or not it is in principle possible to allow nested
modules. Thanks for your reply, Jos

((((lambda(x)((((((x x)x)x)x)x)x))
   (lambda(x)(lambda(y)(x(x y)))))
  (lambda(x)(write x)x))