[plt-scheme] help regarding stepper

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Fri Jul 7 07:31:00 EDT 2006

On Jul 6, 2006, at 5:01 PM, Amol Aggarwal wrote:

> I have  installed Dr Scheme version 301 English .Whenever after
> writing all the  lisp definitions and successfully running  the
> program I click on step button it opens a new window dissplaying "all
> the definitions have been successfully evaluated . But it never
> displays the step by step evaluation in the new window .When I click
> on step button nothing happens . I am expecting a line by line
> evaluation of program with some facility of watch variables so that I
> can successfully debug my program.Do help.

You probably need to add an expression to the definitions window that
starts the computation.

For instance, if the definition window contains this

(define (f x) (+ x 4))

and I start the stepper, the behavior is as you describe.  But if my
definitions window contains this:

(define (f x) (+ x 4))

(f 13)

... then I see the application of f stepping.

Does this answer your question?

John Clements