[plt-scheme] Re: Interfacing with Java code

From: Kathy Gray (kathyg at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 6 17:02:03 EDT 2006

> Message: 8
> Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 08:40:16 +0100
> From: "Paulo J. Matos" <pocmatos at gmail.com>
> Subject: [plt-scheme] Interfacing with Java code
>
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way in current DrScheme to interface with Java code?
> Something like ffi for Java? I know I can use Kawa or other Java-based
> Scheme but I would prefer PLT-Scheme if that were to be possible.

Depending on your needs, there is the ProfessorJ compiler with
DrScheme, which contains a language extension to facilitate
interoperation between Java and Scheme.

The compiler doesn't support static nested classes, switch, threads,
or C native methods.

If you try this route, I'd be happy to offer assistance in hooking
things up.

-Kathy

Posted on the users mailing list.