[plt-scheme] Emacs modes and s-expression comments

From: Bill Wood (william.wood3 at comcast.net)
Date: Thu Feb 16 13:46:48 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 07:44 -0600, Robby Findler wrote:
> To disable the extra exit warning, you could also just use the
> preferences dialog. See the "warnings" section.

You're right.  Worked perfectly, thanks.  Clearing the "verify exit"
check-box did alter |~/.plt-scheme/plt-prefs.ss|.  So, is the file I
have in my home dir, |~/plt-prefs.ss|, dreck from an earlier install?
Can I remove it safely?

> Or, you might have tried reading the manual. Searching for "exit" in
> Help Desk and following the link into the DrScheme manual sends you to
> the right place.

It just didn't occur to me that the place to look for documentation on
help-desk, a utility independent of DrScheme (and which I use constantly
with mzscheme), would be under DrScheme (which I don't use; see earlier
posts to this thread).  I forgot that History Matters; I'm guessing that
help-desk was originally available only under a button in DrScheme until
someone had the good idea to make it available stand-alone.

> If you did try searching in Help Desk and couldn't find it, please
> share the search keys you tried and I will make those work.

Since you ask, I'm not sure that "exit" is the first thing I would try;
I'd probably go for "quit", and then maybe "terminate" or "shutdown",
first. I'm not suggesting you make any changes, though.  I expect most
people (including me) would get to "exit" quickly enough.

Many thanks,

 -- Bill Wood

Posted on the users mailing list.