[plt-scheme] Emacs modes and s-expression comments

From: Geoffrey Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Wed Feb 15 21:58:53 EST 2006

On Feb 15, 2006, at 21:34, Bill Wood wrote:
> In other words, that with enough work, research, etc., etc. [PLT]
> can find a *single* model that
> fits (almost) everyone sufficiently well that it would be
> preferable to anything else?

I faced the same issues with Java IDEs vs. Emacs.  For Java, the IDEs
won, because they provided easier access to definitions, syntax,
usage, refactoring and debugging support.  I'm more productive in
Java using the IDE.  I fall back to Emacs when I need to do large
scale edits the IDE doesn't handle well.

PLT is improving just as the IDEs improved.  If DrScheme had some of
the code completion features the IDEs have, I'd be in heaven.  If I
learned more about the inner workings of DrScheme, I might be able to
add that myself some day.

Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey S. Knauth | http://knauth.org/gsk