[plt-scheme] ubuntu compiling plt from source errors

From: Rohan Nicholls (rohan.nicholls at pareto.nl)
Date: Thu Feb 16 03:24:31 EST 2006

Jacob Matthews wrote:
> I'd guess that you need to install the Xt devel package, here:
>
>  http://packages.ubuntu.com/breezy/libdevel/libxt-dev
>
> For future reference, you can actually search for this sort of thing
> directly on
>
>  http://packages.ubuntu.org/
>
> The second search box on that page lets you type in the name of a file
> and it'll tell you what packages provide that file. That's how I found
> this package.

I should have known something like that would exist.  Will install the
package and continue with the compile when I get home. Hopefully in
the future I will be able to save face.;-)

Thanks for the information,

Rohan

P.S.  I have now used the tool alot getting all the dependencies sorted.
Thanks again.

Posted on the users mailing list.