[plt-scheme] ubuntu compiling plt from source errors

From: Jacob Matthews (jacobm at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 15 10:07:29 EST 2006

I'd guess that you need to install the Xt devel package, here:

For future reference, you can actually search for this sort of thing
directly on

The second search box on that page lets you type in the name of a file
and it'll tell you what packages provide that file. That's how I found
this package.

Rohan Nicholls wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have been trying to compile plt 301 from source on ubuntu and have
> run into this error during compilation, something it doesn't like in
> wxxt.
> Installed packages:
> g++-4.0, g++-3.3 - version 4 is active
> gcc (GCC) 4.0.2 20050808 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.0.1-4ubuntu9)
> libx11-6, libx11-dev and just about every xorg driver package there is
> libcairo2, libcairo2-dev
> libxft-dev, libxft2
> Below is the compilation output from where things seem to go pear
> shaped.  I noticed that it is not finding some header files:
> ./XWidgets/xwTabString.c:6:27: error: X11/Intrinsic.h: No such file or
> directory
> ./XWidgets/xwTabString.c:7:28: error: X11/StringDefs.h: No such file
> or directory
> I assume this is important, would anyone know what I am missing for
> these header files to be absent?
> In file included from ./XWidgets/xwTabString.c:12:
> ./XWidgets/xwTabString.h:56: error: syntax error before ‘*’ token
> In file included from ./XWidgets/xwTabString.c:13:
> ./XWidgets/wxAllocColor.h:8: error: syntax error before ‘wxAllocColor’
> ./XWidgets/wxAllocColor.h:8: error: syntax error before ‘*’ token
> ./XWidgets/wxAllocColor.h:8: warning: type defaults to ‘int’ in
> declaration of ‘wxAllocColor’
> And then a lot of different errors turn up, but I assume they are
> connected to the above problems.
> Any help with this would be much appreciated.
> Rohan

Posted on the users mailing list.