[plt-scheme] Emacs modes and s-expression comments

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 15 19:34:09 EST 2006

At Thu, 16 Feb 2006 00:20:25 +0000, "Paulo J. Matos" wrote:
> But right now, I do not quite recall if I got an answer to the following:
> Why was DrScheme in the first place built on a WxWindows fork? Why was
> the need to fork WxWidgets. AFAICT it got us arrested to an old
> version which is today obsolete and that's why DrScheme is not
> fancier, right?

I think this one has been answered before by Matthew. Here's one
answer:

http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/mailarch/plt-scheme-2001/msg00936.html

but I thought he gave a fuller answer at some point. I can't find it in
the archives, tho.

On non-X platforms, DrScheme actually looks like other apps (or, could
look like any of them if I had more time -- the platform's GUI library
is well reflected in (lib "mred.ss" "mred"), certainly).

I think that X has lagged behind a little bit, but Matthew put
significant effort into that at some point in the 200 series, I
believe.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.