[plt-scheme] Table Widget in MrEd?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 7 11:07:54 EST 2006

At Mon, 06 Feb 2006 17:36:44 -0600, "Aaron Hsu" wrote:
> I am trying to understand how to develop a table type widget in MrEd.
> Basically, I do not see any pre-built widget for the multi-column
> list-type boxes that many programs use. I am talking about the forms that
> allow you to sort items in a list by their certain columns. I see a
> list-box widget, but it only looks like it was designed for one column of
> data.
>
> How can I do this? Is this even possible?

You're right that there isn't one built into MrEd. It's on the (long)
list of things I'd like to add one day.

It's possible to implement in terms of canvases, of course. SirMail
(available via SVN) has a list with three columns for message headers.
SirMail's code might be useful to you (see sorting-list% plus
header-list%), but it's probably not good code to start a more general
widget.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.