[plt-scheme] Any good book that covers PLT Scheme

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 2 19:56:45 EST 2006

On Feb 2, 2006, at 7:01 PM, Danny Yoo wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Tommy Nordgren wrote:
>
>> I think the title says the most. I'm particularly interested in books
>> that covers modules for Object-Oriented programming, as well as any
>> recent book. I've searched my internet bookstore for the word scheme
>> (in
>> title), but not found any interesting titles.
>
> Hi Tommy,
>
> Just checking: do you already know about HtDP and HtUS?
>
>     http://www.htdp.org/

This is about program design, not PLT Scheme. A few things exploit PLT
Scheme-ish things.

>     http://www.htus.org/

For the latest draft, go to my homepage. But I must say that this
project is on hold.

Let me mention the cookbook here: http://schemecookbook.org/ It is more
active and deserves a plug.

> About your question on OOP; I'm not quite sure.  I've seen something
> about
> "How to Design Class Hierarchies":
>
>     http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/vkp/HtDCH/
>
> and would like to know more about it myself.

[Note: There is no overlap between Viera's on-line notes and the actual
book.]

HtDCH is about program design scaled to a Java-like language. See
ProfessorJ in DrScheme.

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.