[plt-scheme] PLT Scheme on Debian or Ubuntu

From: Gregory Woodhouse (gregory.woodhouse at sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sat Dec 16 21:24:59 EST 2006

On Dec 16, 2006, at 3:36 PM, Bill Wood wrote:

> Hi, I'm considering switching Linux distributions to Debian or Ubuntu,
> and I wanted to know what the community experience was regarding
> Drscheme (and mzscheme) on either.  In particular, are
> there any known functional or performance issues?  Also, is there any
> difficulty staying current?
>
> Many thanks,
>
>  -- Bill Wood

Well, I normally run PLT Scheme under OS X, but I have installed
Ubuntu under Parallels, and it works great. I just now downloaded and
installed v360 under Ubuntu (I don't know what the difference between
the edgy and non-edgy varieties is), and the install process was very
straightforward. It's text based, but quite user friendly. From what
I can tell, everything works fine, too.

Gregory Woodhouse
gregory.woodhouse at sbcglobal.net

"Life can only be understood going backwards, but it must be lived
going forwards."
--Søren Kierkegaard