[plt-scheme] Version Check

From: Erich Rast (erich at snafu.de)
Date: Thu Apr 27 05:07:23 EDT 2006

Am 27.04.2006 um 09:48 schrieb Eli Barzilay:

> Looks like there is still some confusion here...  We never talked
> about anything more than retrieving the version number.

Indeed I thought you were thinking about submitting some data to the
server, such as the current version of DrScheme installed. If DrScheme
only downloads the current version number then I personally have no
privacy concerns at all.

When browsing the web the browser may contact various servers in
addition to the one given by URL, and it would be rather annoying if it
would ask me for permission each time it accesses content on other
servers.

For people with strong privacy concerns I recommend Little Snitch on OS
X, in combination with a decent set of rules.

Best regards,

Erich

Posted on the users mailing list.