[plt-scheme] Version Check

From: Williams, M. Douglas (M.DOUGLAS.WILLIAMS at saic.com)
Date: Wed Apr 26 14:19:51 EDT 2006

I'm all for accessing the web on a periodic basis to check for updates
(daily doesn't bother me, but weekly is okay).

The one thing I would like - and it might already do it - is to have an
option that would also check for new pre-release versions.  I tend to have
one of my machines at the latest pre-release.

Doug