[plt-scheme] Re: Change the World

From: Geoffrey Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Tue Mar 22 15:33:45 EST 2005

On Mar 22, 2005, at 10:18, Corey Sweeney wrote:
> There are a couple of sql connection implementations.  I've tried
> them, but have found them hard to get working or implementation
> specific (postgresql vs mysql).   And i worry about future "support"
> of the bindings.

I do a lot of government work.  Although they're warming to using tools
like PLT, the thing I hear over and over and over again is, if there
isn't a company behind a product, free software or not, they won't
touch it.  They need accountability for contracts and maintenance plans
to have any meaning.  So if someone can come up with a business model
to support profitably tools like PLT and other free software, that will
help with adoption.  The government lags about 2-3 years behind the
business community, because there are extra reviews, but it does come
around.

Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey S. Knauth | http://knauth.org/gsk