[plt-scheme] (string->symbol string) not working with MrEd - problem solved

From: Luis Coronado (minquartia at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 8 18:19:52 EDT 2005

Thanks to all that replied to my message regarding the string->symbol
conversion. My code is working properly now after changing the strings
on the choices attribute of the choice% object to all lowercase. After
doing that the | | where gone. The other way to fix up the code was to
declare a mutable string variable to hold the user selection choice and
then user string-lowercase!, although that is a little bit longer.
After fixing the code I found a different way to implement the solution
that didn't require the string->symbol function, but is great to know
about it (my teacher didn't know it).

Best regards

--
Luis Coronado <minquartia at gmail.com>