[plt-scheme] (string->symbol string) not working with MrEd

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 6 10:32:24 EDT 2005

The vertical bars are usually placed around the symbol when it contains
uppercase letters, but that does not seem to be the case in the code
you wrote below.

I wrote a little program, based on what you write in your email and
couldn't get that behavior. Perhaps you can make your own little,
complete program? If so, we may be able to help more effectively.

Robby

(define f (new frame% (label "")))
(define tipo_lados (new choice%
                        (parent f)
                        (label #f)
                        (callback void)
                        (choices '("hospital"))))

> (string->symbol (send tipo_lados get-string-selection))
hospital