[plt-scheme] Odd GL problem

From: John Kozak (jk at xylema.org)
Date: Sun Jul 31 07:13:56 EDT 2005

I've been mucking about with generating GPU programs via scheme,
and have hit an odd problem.

OpenGL defines a function "GetString" which returns assorted
implementation data selected by an enum parameter. The fragment
program GL extension adds an extra enum, program-error-string-arb,
to get compilation error messages out.  Using an extended sgl.ss, I
have a glut-based application which embeds mzscheme;
(get-string 'program-error-string-arb) works fine in that.  But, in
a mred gl-context, it doesn't; it fails with "invalid enum".  The
equivalent C code called in the same contexts has the same behaviour,
so I'm fairly sure it's not my extensions to sgl going wrong here.
I get the same behaviour on a locally built (debian unstable) version
of PLT 209, so I'm reasonably sure I'm linking against the right
libraries; (get-string 'vendor) gives the expected answer (nvidia,
not mesa) in all cases.

Any thoughts?  I guessed that the wx stuff might be statically linking
mesa or something but grepping the sources doesn't seem to bear that
out.

John

Posted on the users mailing list.