[plt-scheme] error message when starting DrScheme 299.101; strange behavior of debugger

From: Robert Matovinovic (robert.matovinovic at web.de)
Date: Thu Apr 7 11:25:30 EDT 2005

Hi,
first thanks to all who are developing the great PLT-Scheme environment. Its
a pleasure to work with it.

Yesterday I installed version 299.101-cvs29mar2005 under Windows XP and got
the following error message during installation and later each time I start
MrEd, SirMail or any other related program: The Application could not be
started, because MSVCR70.dll could not be found. New installation of the
application could solve the problem. (This is the literal translation of the
original german message).
But after clicking OK everything seems to work fine. Is this a bug or do I
have to switch something in the registry?

I also played around with the debugger, Language: Pretty Big (includes MrEd
and Advanced). I'm wondering about its behavoir.

1. Calling the debugger opens the window "Debugging Controls" maximzed, what
seems a little bit to much for 3 buttons ;-)
2. Breakpoints can only be set in the current expression, or the expressions
before.
3. The command "Run up to this location" behaves as breakpoints.
4. Breakpoints are only set for one session of the debugger, so for every
run they have to be set again.
So for me breakpoints don't make sense at the moment.

I found no explanation of the debugger in the help. Have I overseen
something?
My apologies, if the points mentioned where already discussed.

Robert

Robert Matovinovic
11, Wroxham Rd., The Grange
Harare