[plt-scheme] Re: Programming for non-programmers

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 17 10:58:49 EDT 2004

On Oct 16, 2004, at 11:10 PM, Richard Cleis wrote:

> As for your comment, "their managers should be included"... The most
> creative programmers  avoid management, creating a vacuum which is
> filled by ordinary programmers who don't want to be included in
> continued education; they are satisfied being managers.

CMU has for years run an "executive workshop for executives on computer
science", which is a model I had in mind. My hunch is that such
workshops are probably too much about the lone-macho algorithmisit
rather than the huge structural problems that programming faces. We
might be stuck there  -- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.