[plt-scheme] create executable: "cannot use _loader file"

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 14 12:39:46 EDT 2004

At Wed, 13 Oct 2004 23:48:00 -0400, "Anton van Straaten" wrote:
> In this case I was able to confirm that it doesn't make any difference
> whether I have any of the source files in question already open.  The mere
> presence of a _loader file, at least in this case, seems to prevent Create
> Executable or Module Browser from working.

Both "Create Executable" and the module browser use `get-module-code'
from (lib "moddep.ss" "syntax"). I've changed this function in CVS so
that it ignores extension files (including _loader files) when source
or ".zo" is available.

I also added an optional argument to `get-module-code'. The new
argument is a procedure to be called when only an extension is
available. Probably the module browser should provide this argument and
treat extension-based modules as having no imports.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.