[plt-scheme] create executable: "cannot use _loader file"

From: Anton van Straaten (anton at appsolutions.com)
Date: Wed Oct 13 23:48:00 EDT 2004

I wrote:
> I then use Create Executable from DrScheme, and select
> the options to create a Stand-alone MrEd executable
> (necessary for this application), I get the following
> error message:
>
> get-module-code: cannot use _loader file:
"...compiled\\native\\win32\\i386\\_loader.dll"

> ...and the executable doesn't get created.  If I get
> rid of the compiled code, I can then create the executable
> just fine.

I've since found that if a collection has a _loader file, the module browser
doesn't work, either.  I get a similar error message, "Error expanding the
program: get-module-code: cannot use _loader file: ..."

In this case I was able to confirm that it doesn't make any difference
whether I have any of the source files in question already open.  The mere
presence of a _loader file, at least in this case, seems to prevent Create
Executable or Module Browser from working.

Anton

Posted on the users mailing list.