[plt-scheme] Java Continuations!

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 26 12:02:16 EDT 2004

This may be of interest to some, or you might feel a
little bit sick after reading it.  Following links
from Gordon Weakliem's blog (going via Bill
Clementson) I got to the following on continuation
based web frameworks for Java, and (apparently) single
shot Java continuations:

Cocoon + continuations:
- http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=WhatIsFlow

This works by using a Javscript interpreter that
supports continuations

Java language continuations:

It I understand the implementation correctly, this
works by have a custom class loader inserting code in
each basic block to capture the current environment.
A comment says the continuations are single use only.

PS: Ehud, this is going straight to Lambda!  Just
thought I'd horrify the gentle folk here first.

Email: noelwelsh <at> yahoo <dot> com
Jabber: noelw <at> jabber <dot> org

Do you Yahoo!?