[plt-scheme] Re: Visual Studio .NET ...easier than PLT Scheme

From: Michael Sperber (sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Thu Jan 29 11:56:34 EST 2004

>>>>> "Alex" == Alex Peake <alex.peake at comac.com> writes:

Alex> Now the problem. If you create your own "widgets" in PLT, productive
Alex> as it is, you consume much of the productivity gains, building these,
Alex> that you would have developing in PLT Scheme in the first place.

... and vice versa.  I see your point, but it could also be made for
the opposite direction.

Alex> As for Cross-Platform (somewhat toungue-in-cheek) I ask "what exactly
Alex> does that mean? I assume that it *should* mean that it runs on *most*
Alex> computers. Since 93% of desktops are now Windows (and 50% of servers)
Alex> then running only on Windows meets the "most" test? In the part of the
Alex> enterprise systems world that I play in, it is all Windows, so
Alex> actually that is all I care about.

Sure, that makes sense.  Note that it doesn't make sense for
application domains where the software actually does need to run on
something other than Windows.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike