[plt-scheme] An Editors Tale

From: Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos (pocm at netvisao.pt)
Date: Sat Jan 24 11:35:23 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 16:25, Matthew Flatt wrote:

> At Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:08:43 +0000, Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos wrote:
> > My question is: how much wanted and how difficult it is to build a
> > GTK or other GUI toolkit DrScheme interface?
>
> See
>
>  http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2002-September/000717.html

I've just read it all... Very nice thread indeed. However, it passed one
and a half year but there was no change in the GUI except some addition
which was good.

> An opinion that's missing from the above message: I suspect that it's
> comparatively easy to upgrade the current control-drawing functions for
> X, perhaps even taking advatange of existing GTk themes. Nearly all of
> the drawing code is in plt/src/wxxt/src/XWidget.
>
> > Features like automatic code generation for classes, methods, getters
> > and setters for example would be very, very nice.
>
> That's independent of the GUI foundation, right?

Indeed it is, and it seems somewhat simple... got to try to include some
things in to DrScheme.

> > A tabbed window with multiple files open would also be nice...
>
> Actually, GUI support already exists for this in MrEd.

But it is not implemented yet in DrScheme... one was to do that. Well,
I'll end my semester soon, I hope I find some time to take a look.

> Matthew

Cheers,
--

Paulo J. Matos : pocm [_at_] mega . ist . utl . pt
Instituto Superior Tecnico - Lisbon

Posted on the users mailing list.