[plt-scheme] setup-plt documentation

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 24 11:19:48 EST 2004

At Fri, 20 Feb 2004 17:01:52 -0500, Doug Orleans wrote:
> Is this the only documentation on the web for .plt files and setup-plt?
>
> http://download.plt-scheme.org/scheme/plt/collects/setup/doc.txt

There's also some documentation on creating .plt files in the mzc
manual.

(Why does mzc have anything to do with .plt files? Both mzc and
setup-plt have evolved into swiss-army knives, and I have trouble
remembering which blade belongs on which knife. This is a good
candidate for v300 clean-up.)

> Also, setup-plt could probably use a man page (in plt/man/man1), like
> the other plt executables.

And better documentaton --- agreed.

> At the very least, the add-ons page
> http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/develop/ should probably explain what to do
> with the .plt files that it offers for download.  Even something like
> "use `File->Install .plt File...' in DrScheme" would help.

I'll add something like that.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.