[plt-scheme] What does PLT stand for?

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 21 09:32:27 EST 2004

When the team formed originally at Rice, the letters PLT were partially
created as a joke but many of you are either out of context or too
young to know. To be safe, we made up some long hand at the time, but
over time the letters have lost their meaning. But, for anecdote's
sake: when we were still at Rice, we were referred to as the
"theoreticians" by the system's wing of the building, even though the
PLT Scheme distribution contains more lines of C++ than anything they
had built for distribution and it had more downloads than anything else
there.

-- Matthias

P.S. The existing Rice "PLT" has no connection to this PLT.