[plt-scheme] Interacting w/ MzScheme

From: Scott Owens (sowens at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 10 18:43:48 EST 2004

The search works incrementally (for me at least) with the search box
``docked,''  but not with the modal search dialog.

In the spirit of the thread, I'd like to add that the biggest emacs/vim-like
feature that I miss when programming in DrScheme is the ability to do a
paragraph re-flow on a several-lines-long comment.

-Scott

On Friday 10 December 2004 04:35 pm, Jim Blandy wrote:

> Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> writes:
> >   For list-related administrative tasks:
> >
> > At Thu, 09 Dec 2004 23:54:40 -0500, Guillaume Marceau wrote:
> > >    incremental search without a mouse
> >
> > <menu-key>-f, type search string, return to find first occurrence, esc
> > to close window, <menu-key>-g to search again.
>
> That is mouse-free, but not incremental.  Incremental search actually
> shows you matches as you type and edit the search string.  There's
> just no comparison in my book.
>
> Jef Raskin's book on user interface design explains why incremental
> search is so much better.  I think the quote is, "Search is either
> incremental, or it is excremental."  :)

Posted on the users mailing list.