[plt-scheme] Interacting w/ MzScheme

From: Jim Blandy (jimb at redhat.com)
Date: Fri Dec 10 18:35:12 EST 2004

Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> writes:

> At Thu, 09 Dec 2004 23:54:40 -0500, Guillaume Marceau wrote:
> >    incremental search without a mouse
>
> <menu-key>-f, type search string, return to find first occurrence, esc
> to close window, <menu-key>-g to search again.

That is mouse-free, but not incremental.  Incremental search actually
shows you matches as you type and edit the search string.  There's
just no comparison in my book.

Jef Raskin's book on user interface design explains why incremental
search is so much better.  I think the quote is, "Search is either
incremental, or it is excremental."  :)

Posted on the users mailing list.