[plt-scheme] Swindle

From: Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos (pocm at netvisao.pt)
Date: Thu Apr 29 13:42:12 EDT 2004

Hi,

[snip]

> Two reasons you might want *not* to use a CLOS-alike for this (even
> though I am fond of CLOS, and Swindle is tempting):
>
>   1. You might find it useful to base your planner on Kanren (by Daniel
>      P. Friedman and Oleg Kiselyov).  http://kanren.sourceforge.net/

Thanks for the reference however, I don't think I'll be able to use
that. Since this is a project for a course I'm having on intelligent
planning in my MSc curriculum I don't think I'll be allowed to use those
extra libraries which would facilitate my job compared to the other
students who will use CMUCL.

>   2. If you want your planner to become a reusable code library for PLT,
>      I would first try to use the PLT standard structure types or
>      "class.ss" before creating a dependency on a large and nonstandard
>      library.

That's a possibility but it would be harder and there are features I
miss (or I don't know to implement) in class.ss. After all, Eli said
that it'll be added to the PLT-Scheme tree so maybe it'll become
standard. :)

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers,

--

Paulo J. Matos : pocm [_at_] mega . ist . utl . pt
Instituto Superior Tecnico - Lisbon

Posted on the users mailing list.