[plt-scheme] Swindle

From: Neil W. Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Wed Apr 28 21:05:23 EDT 2004

Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos <pocm at netvisao.pt> writes:
> Another very important question, I have the possibility for college to
> implement a planner in CMUCL Clos, or in swindle. Is swindle stable
> enough so that it doesn't bring me problems while developing the
> planner?

I suspect Swindle is quite stable, but Eli is the expert on that.

Two reasons you might want *not* to use a CLOS-alike for this (even
though I am fond of CLOS, and Swindle is tempting):

  1. You might find it useful to base your planner on Kanren (by Daniel
     P. Friedman and Oleg Kiselyov).  http://kanren.sourceforge.net/

  2. If you want your planner to become a reusable code library for PLT,
     I would first try to use the PLT standard structure types or
     "class.ss" before creating a dependency on a large and nonstandard
     library.

--
                                             http://www.neilvandyke.org/