[plt-scheme] Will the stepper support more language levels?

From: Zhu Chongkai (mathematica at citiz.net)
Date: Mon Apr 19 06:39:32 EDT 2004

These days I am program in DrScheme and find that debugging is not so easy.

The "Check Syntax" didn't do many. The "coming soon" MrFlow is still a static
debugger which I don't think can always understand the algorithm in the program
to be debugged.

Obviously stepper can help debugging greatly, but many programms are not in
Beginers. Although higher levels are not algebraic, but other non-algebraic
languages such as C or even the MIT scheme support things like stepper.

So will future DrScheme stepper support more language levels? Or the stepper
of a non-algebraic language just contravene PLT's philosophy?

Posted on the users mailing list.