[plt-scheme] thanks, but help again

From: Joe Marshall (jrm at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 1 12:43:58 EST 2004

Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> writes:

> I understand that.  You need to understand that your frustration is
> at least to a great portion caused by your divergence from the basic
> design recipe.  It is really critical that you imagine/create a
> proper suite of examples for every function in a program.  Otherwise
> you will get into far more unpleasant situations with programs and
> other products.

Don't give up on it!  The breakthroughs happen after frustration.

Another thing to keep in mind is that *everyone* who has used a
computer gets frustrated and no one knows how to solve this problem.
There will be times when you will want to pull out your hair.  Getting
into the habit of using the design recipe will help to minimize this.

Posted on the users mailing list.