[plt-scheme] string->symbol and case

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri May 16 20:49:53 EDT 2003

At Sat, 17 May 2003 02:46:13 +0200, Vincent Hourdin wrote:
> Thank you Robby, can I use something more global for setting case sensitivity
> for read ? I have got 40 functions to use with upper case and I dont really
> want to add #cs on each.
> Maybe is there a way to eval a func given its name in a string, independently
> its case ?
> Thank you again

The other two options (besides #cs) is to set the case sensitivity in
DrScheme's language dialog, or to prefix your program with:

  (read-case-sensitive #t)

The #cs is a more scalable solution, since larger programs tend to be
written in modules, so you can prefix the entire module with #cs. If
you just have a small program, read-case-sensitive at the top is
probably fine.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.