[plt-scheme] string->symbol and case

From: Vincent Hourdin (vinvinhc16 at ifrance.com)
Date: Fri May 16 20:46:13 EDT 2003

On Saturday 17 May 2003 00:44, Robby Findler wrote:

> Case in-sensitivity in DrScheme is implemented by the read primtive
> (the same one that parses your code) automatically down-casing symbols
> it encounters. So, when you submit:
>
>   (define AA 'hi)
>
> to the REPL, this is translated to:
>
>   (define aa 'hi)
>
> by read (the parser). The parser's behavior can be customized in the
> language dialog, or with the read-case-sensitive parameter, or by #ci:
>
>   #cs(define AA 'hi)
>
> means what you seem to want, ie it will define the uppercase AA, not
> the lowercase one.
>
> string->symbol, on the other hand, does not do this implicit
> downcasing.
>
> hth,
> Robby

Thank you Robby, can I use something more global for setting case sensitivity
for read ? I have got 40 functions to use with upper case and I dont really
want to add #cs on each.
Maybe is there a way to eval a func given its name in a string, independently
its case ?
Thank you again

Posted on the users mailing list.