[plt-scheme] ipc among mzscheme processes

From: Neil W. Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Mon May 12 06:29:45 EDT 2003

Anton van Straaten <anton at appsolutions.com> writes at 03:25 12-May-2003 -0400:
> Have you seen SCOP:
> http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~dmi1000/scop/

Thanks for the pointer to SCOP.  From a skim of the docs, it seems to
mostly be a lightweight traditional RPC or interprocess messaging
mechanism, closer to the goals of, say, Sun/ONC RPC or a desktop tools
integration framework, than to the coarse Web services goal of XML-RPC.

SCOP is not a *particularly* good match for my immediate application,
partly because of its emphasis, and partly because of the issues he
notes in section 1.6 of scop_intro.ps.  The section 1.6 issues were
already on my mind, and are related to my reason for wanting multiple
host OS processes in the first place.

But I will certainly keep SCOP in mind, especially for one of my other
agent interests, which involves coordinated action under very tight time
constraints.  (In my current application, an agent might send only one
message a day, and latency of several seconds is perfectly acceptable.
So my current emphasis is on ease and flexibility of experimentation.)

--
                                             http://www.neilvandyke.org/