[plt-scheme] draw-text and platform

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri May 2 09:15:09 EDT 2003

At Thu, 1 May 2003 00:35:00 +0200, Vincent Hourdin wrote:
> I have troubles using draw-text and getting a same size display on different
> platforms; and even on different linux distributions... I made my code under
> debian/linux, it displays as same under Mac OS X and FreeBSD, but under Red
> Hat Linux 7.1, strings are displayed quite larger and that makes my interface
> become ugly and i cant do with that.

Maybe your RH installation uses 100dpi fonts while the others use
75dpi?

When you say "Mac OS X", do you mean when running and X server on Mac
OS X, or when running in native Quartz mode? (If the latter, I'm
surprised that you managed similar results for both X and Quartz.)

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.