[plt-scheme] Slib woes with rpm version of Dr Scheme

From: Robert (rjyoung at scs.carleton.ca)
Date: Wed Mar 5 00:24:24 EST 2003

Hi there,

I've just been getting into scheme development on my linux machine.  I
installed a RPM version of Dr Scheme (drscheme-202-1mdk.i586.rpm) which
installed fine and has been working great, except for my endevours with
SLIB.  I've been trying to use a few of the simple directory functions
with SLIB for a small project of mine.   I've installed the slib rpm
from the slib website (slib-2d5-1.noarch.rpm).  However, I then realized
that the $SCHEME_LIBRARY_PATH was not defined from either rpm installs.
 I've fooled around with it a great deal, setting the environment
variable to different values, but I have not been able to figure out
exactly what was intented for properly using the released version of
SLIB with DrScheme.

I have been able to use the initializtion file DrScheme.init provided in
the slib library, which seems to load the library.  After loading this
file I can use some of the library functions, such as the string and
hashmap functions.  When trying to use the (current-directory) function
however, it says the function system is not defined.

Any hints, suggestions on get around these problems would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,
Robert Young

Posted on the users mailing list.