[plt-scheme] font smoothing?

From: Bruce Hauman (bhauman at cs.wcu.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 30 12:52:33 EST 2003

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Matthew Flatt wrote:

> When you run `configure' (is that how it works with Gentoo?), does it
> report anything about Xft?

Yes, configure reports that Xft is missing.  I am compiling Xfree and Xft
now I am sure that is what it is.  (The Xfree recompile is Gentoo
specific.)

> > It normally wouldn't matter to em except that it appears to affect
> > printing quality as well which is important for a current project.
>
> Are you printing bitmaps?
>
> When you print in DrScheme, for example, it generates PostScript. The
> PostScript output is unaffected by anti-aliased fonts.

Hmmm.  Ok.  I am using Postscript for certain.  I could easily be
mistaken.  I will test it as soon as I am done compiling.

Thanks you guys,
Bruce

P.S. I am really impressed with the design of editor-canvas%

Posted on the users mailing list.