[plt-scheme] Exposing non-exported module variable bindings.

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 17 22:59:45 EST 2003

--- "Richard C. Cobbe" <cobbe at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> But I don't want to put my test
> cases in the module
> itself, for a variety of reasons:

I agree with your reasons and I'm sure I'll use this
macro when I get back to hacking Scheme.  In fact I'd
like to make it part of the next SchemeUnit
distribution.  Others have some good ideas as well, so
I think it will be quite an improvement.
Unfortunately I'm currently the bottle neck for
getting this next distribution out the door....oh
well.

>   3) Since, last time I checked, the schemeunit gui
> was still broken
>      when used with CVS versions of DrScheme

Still?  I didn't even know it was broken :-)  Ryan
Culpepper did most of the work on the GUI.  I believe
he's at NEU so maybe you can prod him into fixing it?

> I haven't thought about the problem in any detail or
> looked at existing
> research in this specific area, but my suspicion is
> that closing down
> all such holes results in a language that is
> theoretically very clean
> but so inflexible as to be impractical.

You mean SML? ;-)

Noel