[plt-scheme] trouble building drscheme on irix

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Mon Dec 1 09:24:44 EST 2003

On Nov 28, 2003, at 11:51 PM, TiM wrote:

> greetings ... i hope someone can fix this problem:
> all seems well, but then i run gmake and it compiles some stuff but
> then dies with:
> ar: Warning: creating libmzscheme.a
>        : libmzscheme.a
>        make mzscheme
>        gcc -g -O2  -Wall     -I../../drscheme/plt/src/mzscheme/include
> -c ../../drscheme/plt/src/mzscheme/main.c -o main.o
>        gcc -o mzscheme main.o  libmzscheme.a libmzgc.a  -lm
> make mred-stub
>        cd mred; make
> make: file `Makefile' line 121: Syntax error
> *** Error code 1 (bu21)
> *** Error code 1 (bu21)

It looks like the build of mzscheme succeeded.  If you don't need mred
etc., you should be ready for the next step, which for you will be
'make mzinstall', IIRC.  I furthermore conjecture that in the first
step, 'make mz' would have compiled mzscheme without even trying to
compile mred.

Doesn't the README cover this?

Posted on the users mailing list.