[plt-scheme] soulseek

From: Daniel Silva (dansilva at lynx.dac.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 16 17:42:38 EDT 2003

The Soulseek protocol is designed for file-sharing through a central
server.  There is an implementation of the server available for linux, and
a Windows client is provided at www.slsk.org.  Linux and Mac OS X users
talk to the system using pyslsk, a Python implementation of the client.
However, the python implementation does not provide support for connecting
through a proxy.

I want to create a PLT Scheme soulseek client with proxy support.
Personally I want the option of connecting through a proxy, and I think
some linux/mac users miss this as well, which could help the PLT Scheme
distribution penetrate the desktop a little further.

Anyway, the real question in my mind is whether there are SOCKS4 or 5
proxy-client libraries for scheme already, and if so, where might I find
them?

- Daniel

Posted on the users mailing list.