[plt-scheme] Request for pretty-printing in webserver

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Wed Apr 2 13:42:10 EST 2003

On Apr  2, MJ Ray wrote:
> Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> >
> > All this is irrelevant for a webserver.
>
> I don't understand why you claim that.

The webserver produces some scheme data, which should be rendered as
text by a different module.  It should be easy to replace that
rendering function to have whitespaces or not to have them, to produce
html or xhtml, but all this is unrelated to the webserver itself.

> >> ...but a solved problem with things like HtmlPrag or even Tidy?
> > Do you really think that having a webserver that generates xml data
> > which is then rendered onto a pipe which is then parsed back to xml
> > data which is then rerendered as a different form of text makes sense?
>
> No,

Good.

> but it is done and works, [...]

Ugh...

[I think that it's safe to assume that we're now beyond the point of
public interest...]