[plt-scheme] another application for plt scheme + database question

From: Neil W. Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue Apr 1 17:34:51 EST 2003

I just wrote someone some notes on my current project, and figured I
might as well forward a copy here (below), as one more example of PLT
Scheme being used.  Once the core libraries are written, I think Scheme
will afford a tactical advantage over more popular languages for this
application.

Also, a question... Can someone familiar with all of "spgsql",
SrPersist, and SchemeQL comment on their relative apropriateness for my
application?  I'm initially using Ryan Culpepper's "spqsql" for
connectivity to PostgreSQL.  I'm planning to store many large blobs and
also map some potentially hairy metadata object graphs onto the
relational tables.  I don't require backend support for anything other
than PostgreSQL (the potential to retarget to Oracle would be nice, but
not a requirement).  I'd rather avoid an ODBC layer unless it gave me
big feature wins.

--
                                             http://www.neilvandyke.org/