[racket-dev] 2htdp/image Feature Suggestion

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 27 20:29:28 EDT 2014

I've generally tried to keep the image arguments last to make nested
compositions of functions easier to read. Since we have to keep frame
for backwards compatibilities reasons regardless, I don't think we
need to worry about making color-frame's color argument optional.

Robby

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 12:38 PM, Kevin Forchione <lysseus at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 22, 2014, at 9:42 PM, Robby Findler <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
>
>> Thanks! I've added these two functions.
>>
>> Robby
>>
>> On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 12:26 PM, Kevin Forchione <lysseus at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> On Jun 21, 2014, at 5:02 PM, Robby Findler <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> What do you think about a variant on center-crop called crop/align
>>> that accepts a width, a height, an image, and an x-place and a
>>> y-place?
>>>
>>> That would seem to fit better into the library the way it's currently
>>> constructed.
>>>
>>> For working around the frame issue, how about just a color-frame
>>> function that controls the color for now?
>>>

>>> I agree! That’s even better in terms of use and simplicity.
>>>
>>> -Kevin
>
> One question about color-frame’s arguments. I’ve played with it in the latest push, and it’s
>
> (color-frame color image)
>
> with color being first and required. Would it be better to have it 2nd and default to ‘black, so that by default color-frame reduces to frame?
>
> -Kevin

Posted on the dev mailing list.