[racket-dev] 2htdp/image Feature Suggestion

From: Kevin Forchione (lysseus at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 27 13:38:13 EDT 2014

On Jun 22, 2014, at 9:42 PM, Robby Findler <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:

> Thanks! I've added these two functions.
>
> Robby
>
> On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 12:26 PM, Kevin Forchione <lysseus at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Jun 21, 2014, at 5:02 PM, Robby Findler <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>> What do you think about a variant on center-crop called crop/align
>> that accepts a width, a height, an image, and an x-place and a
>> y-place?
>>
>> That would seem to fit better into the library the way it's currently
>> constructed.
>>
>> For working around the frame issue, how about just a color-frame
>> function that controls the color for now?
>>

>> I agree! That’s even better in terms of use and simplicity.
>>
>> -Kevin

One question about color-frame’s arguments. I’ve played with it in the latest push, and it’s

(color-frame color image)

with color being first and required. Would it be better to have it 2nd and default to ‘black, so that by default color-frame reduces to frame?

-Kevin

Posted on the dev mailing list.