[racket-dev] Semantics of struct-out with except-out

From: J. Ian Johnson (ianj at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 15 10:12:08 EDT 2014

Code will break if it uses struct to produce structs, provides a renamed an accessor function, and uses an unhygienic feature to name the field.
The features I know of are struct-copy, struct* match patterns, and contract-out's struct form.

No one but me probably did this, and that's what led to my discovery of the unhygienic state of struct-copy and my previous regex-based PR to "fix" it.
I don't /need/ to rename fields, since in the case that a field accessor is renamed to something entirely different (e.g., Foo-x => Qux), a renamed field doesn't quite benefit readability of a struct-copy that uses field "x". If renaming Foo-x to Foo-y, then a x -> y rename is helpful. I have not yet come across a need for this however.
I can wait on this feature of struct-out (and probably contract-out's struct form as well).

Thanks,
-Ian