[racket-dev] raco pkg update --clone and git URL config

From: Asumu Takikawa (asumu at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 16 16:42:31 EST 2014

Hi all,

I've been trying to adjust to the new package-split workflow now and
I've bumped into a small usability problem and I wanted to see if anyone
else has encountered this or if my config is just broken somehow.

On a fresh build of Racket, if I do the following:
  raco pkg update --clone typed-racket

it will install TR from github and reinstall. An excerpt from the config
for that git repo looks like this:

  [remote "origin"]
          url = git://github.com/racket/typed-racket/

The problem is that this URL is not as useful as it could be because
github won't let you push to it (at least I can't seem to). The
corresponding SSH URL "git at github.com:racket/typed-racket.git" lets me
push.

Is this something other people have encountered or is there some git
config that I should fix on my end?

Cheers,
Asumu

Posted on the dev mailing list.