[racket-dev] [racket] Performance. Higher-order function

From: Vincent St-Amour (stamourv at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 28 11:43:54 EDT 2014

At Thu, 28 Aug 2014 08:55:59 -0600,
Matthew Flatt wrote:

> I didn't change the "main-distribution" package. I changed the Utah
> snapshot's configuration to make the Racket distribution have
> "main-distribution" plus "optimization-coach".

Ah, I see. Got it.

> Changing "main-distribution" would interfere with a top-level `make`
> and other things that are still built around the current transitional
> model (i.e., still having a main Racket repository for the content of
> the main distribution).
>
> To really get "optimization-coach" into the main distribution, I think
> we have two options:
>
>  * Split the main repo and shift everything into that mode.
>
>  * Move "optimization-coach" into the main repo, for now, even though
>    we expect to split the main repo in the near future.

Do we have a time frame for the former? IMO, that's the way to go, but
do we think this can happen for the next release?

I don't like the latter. Merging it in and then back out again would be
pointless work, IMO, and would lead to confusion as to what the official
version is.

Vincent

Posted on the dev mailing list.